Nature has provided us with an abundance of stuff to support our health and well-being. If we are to think about survival on this planet, it is impossible without essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals- all of which can be obtained by consuming a balanced diet. However, the gradual change in dietary habits and preferences of many people around the world has made it difficult for us to gain all the essential requisites that work in harmony and help us lead the healthiest life that we possibly can. This is where nutritional supplements and wellness products step in. These are convenient options for you if it is difficult for you to meet your dietary requirements. Nutritional supplements are additional substances that you can add to your diet in order to lower the risk of diseases and enhance your health. These come in various forms like tablets, capsules, extracts, and even elixirs or liquids.
Nutritional supplements and wellness products play a pivotal role in changing the health of your skin and preventing many skin conditions, including skin inflammation, dermatitis, and impaired wound healing.
Before you pick a dietary supplement, it is important for you to do your own research and learn whether it will be a good addition to your life at all. What works for your friend or family member might not work for you at all.
What are the best nutritional supplements for general health and well-being?
- Selenium and other antioxidants scavenge free radicals, agents of health and wellness which are notorious to cause DNA damage. These free radicals cause widespread peroxidation of lipids in the cell membrane and thus cause cell death. This can result in decreased turnover, signs of ageing, and conditions like hyperpigmentation. Elements like selenium protect the skin from UV damage and improve skin smoothness.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, the well-researched nutrients, are abundant in sea foods and seed oils. These supplements alleviate conditions including depression, heart disease, acne, and hair problems. This wide range of actions can be attributed to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Probiotics and probiotics- probiotics are healthy microorganisms (live) that improve gut health. On the other hand, prebiotics are food substances that you can consume to induce the formation of healthy bacteria in your gut. Both these groups of foods are essential to improve gut health, thereby improving food absorption and digestion.
- Vitamin E supplements – vitamin E is another potent antioxidant that suppresses lipid peroxidation. It protects the skin from the damaging effects of UV rays and thus prevents skin cancer, sunburns, photo ageing, and tanning.
- Vitamin A supplements (beta-carotenoids) and their derivatives regulate the cell cycle. These supplements promote cellular proliferation, and differentiation, and enhance cellular turnover. Additionally, vitamin A is also known to leave your skin plump and hydrated as it promotes the synthesis of collagen.
Punh Veg Omega 3 capsules contain 200 mg of pure DHA sourced from marine algae and manufactured by fermentation making it a plant-based, clean source of pure Omega 3 for vegetarians. With 84% pure fish oil Punh: Fish Oil Softgels have been sourced from wild anchovies to deliver the highest concentration of pure DHA & EPA. These products can help you to improve your heart, bones, skin, and hair health.