In the world we live in, getting a proper nutritious diet is hectic for people. With busy schedules and little time at hand, managing a balanced diet is complex, and the role of nutrition supplements comes to play.
What is Nutrition?
Nutrition is the biochemical and physiological process by which an organism uses food to support its life. It includes ingestion, absorption, assimilation, biosynthesis, catabolism and excretion.
Our body requires nutrition, vitamins, and minerals for the development of our body and also for its defense against disease. Technically, the human body does not produce nutrition. The vitamins and minerals are often called micronutrients. The deficiency of micro and macronutrients can cause many problems, like skin diseases, digestion problems, dementia, and hair loss.
What is a nutritional supplement?
Nutritional supplements are any dietary supplement purposed to provide nutrients that may otherwise not be consumed in sufficient quantities by proper diet; for example, vitamins, minerals, proteins, amino acids or other nutritional substances. The supplement products are usually marketed in capsule, tablet or liquid form.
Why do we need nutritional supplements?
Food is a necessity in our daily lives, but proper nutrition matters for the body. Unfortunately, in the busy world, where time is money and every minute count, having an adequate meal is difficult.
The purpose of the nutritional supplement is to add extra/required nutrition and micronutrients to your regular diet. Nutrition supplements ensure that you are getting the correct amount of essential nutrients and make up for the poor nutrient content of the many foods we eat. For example, experts say that 90% of us are deficient in chromium, a poorly supplied essential trace mineral.
- Reduce body stress: Research says that lack of nutrients can increase anxiety, and proper supplements can help reduce it.
- Hinder ageing and tissue damage: The antioxidants present in supplements help reduce ageing factors and tissue damage. It is also recorded that the physical performance is improved.
- Prevents diseases: It is a known factor that having improper diet can lead to several diseases. On the other hand, the consumption of nutrition supplements can provide you immunity and prevent deadly diseases.
- Good for hair: Nutritional deficiency is one of the biggest reasons for hair loss and damage. Since many of us are incapable of having proper diets, nutritional supplements are a great alternative.
- Keeps metabolism great: A balanced metabolism is essential for a healthy body and can be achieved by consuming supplements.