Marine Collagen Powder
Collagen- The Age Defying Glue
- Fibrous protein made up of amino acids predominantly glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline
- Imparts strength & elasticity to the skin
- 90% of skin consists of collagen I & III
- Loss of collagen is regarded as the No. 1 cause of ageing
What is collagen made of?
Collagen is a triple helical structure consisting predominantly Glycine, Proline & Hydroxyproline
The sequence of amino acid is key to the stabilization of triple helical structure
What causes collagen loss?
As you age, your collagen production naturally declines, collagen becomes fragmented and more loosely distributed.
These changes lead to the characteristic signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, dryness & sagging skin.
Ways to replenish Collagen levels in skin
Difference between Two Collagen types
- Research suggests that taking collagen supplements improves aspects of skin health and appearance.
- A review of 19 studies that included 1,125 participants (95% women) between the ages of 20 and 70 found that taking collagen supplements improved skin hydration, elasticity, and wrinkles & worked well on other signs of ageing